Monday, October 1, 2012

Trick or Treats (Nail Tarts Halloween 2012)

Woo Hoo, time for Orange!

Ok, so I have always kind of loved orange, so since this is my first Halloween challenge, I decided I would just have to use orange.

So for this challenge it said Trick or Treats... so I wasn't sure how to do any form of Trick, so I decided to do Treats. There are a number of stamps that depict different types of candy. So having a bunch to choose from, I decided to do stamped images of Treats!

I had first started out doing a free style candy corn nail, as this was the example used for the challenge, but didn't really like the way it turned out (actually at first I did the colors upside down, and it looked awesome, but then when I did it correctly, I didn't like it). So I decided to change and do all the nails kind of the same.

I really like how these came out. Especially the double effect of the silver under the black, I think it gave them another dimension. I hope you enjoy! (and yes I am going to say something like this each time, but if you don't like it then that means I need to get better, so let me know and help me grow!)




Colors used:
Base Color: "Orange" by Wet n Wild (Fantasy Makers)
Silver: "No Place Like Chrome" by Essie
Black: "Black Creme" by Wet n Wild (wild shine)
Image Plate: "BM02" by Bundle Monster
Image Plate: "BM-322" by Bundle Monster

2 comments: