Monday, May 8, 2017

Due To My Boredom... A Dotticure

Well, on the search for a matte top coat (since I couldn't find mine), I found one that was on sale 2/$5... well not wanting to pass up that deal, and not knowing how well the matte top coat was going to work, I decided to choose a color as my second bottle.

This was a new brand for me, and I wasn't sure if I would like it, but the price was good, and I really liked the color...

A number of years ago there was a polish by "China Glaze" that everyone seemed to have, called "For Audrey". I always loved this color, but was unable to buy it (probably because of money, but can't remember now, and I don't know if it is still available). It was a really nice, lite teal / turquoise color, that I just loved. I know there are others, but for some reason that is a color that I just don't seem to have. I have one by "Sinful Colors" that is close in color, but more of a baby blue, but at the same time it is also very sheer and has some fine pink glitter in it, so I don't think it really counts.

Anywhoo, this color just called to me, so I buy them and finally try out this new polish. I will say The color was nice, but I was not a big fan of the application. The formula felt very thick and goopy, and went on streaky. With this I had to do, I think 3 coats before I was happy enough with the look, and then just hoped the top coat would smooth it all out (which it did!). Also the smell is strange, it smells more plasticy (I know these are not real words...) like children's polishes smell, then how we expect nail enamel to smell. Now as this is the only one of their polishes I have tried, I am not wanting to knock it off your list. I could have gotten a bottle that had become to warm at some point, or had something else happen to make the formula weird... but for me this is one of those I got what I payed for (even though there are many cheap polishes that are great!).

I wanted to do something to change up the look, so why not a dotticure, add some Holo polish, and there we have it...



Needless to say, I was not really happy with this mani, so I just took a picture (that I am also not very happy with ) and took that shit off! I think the idea of the dotticure was a good one, and I will probably try it again with some other polishes, but this one I would rather forget.

Colors used:
Base Coat: "Seche Clear" by Seche
Base Color: "Shell Me More" by pop-arazzi
Dot Color: "Get Outta My Space" by China Glaze
Top Coat: "Seche Vive" by Seche

1 comment:

  1. This way my friend Wesley Virgin's adventure begins in this shocking and controversial video.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the CIA and others used to get everything they want.

    As it turns out, these are the EXACT same secrets lots of celebrities (notably those who "come out of nowhere") and top business people used to become rich and famous.

    You probably know how you use less than 10% of your brain.

    That's because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this thought has even occurred IN YOUR own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind around seven years ago, while riding a non-registered, beat-up bucket of a car without a driver's license and with $3.20 on his banking card.

    "I'm very frustrated with living check to check! When will I get my big break?"

    You took part in those thoughts, isn't it right?

    Your own success story is going to happen. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S SECRETS

    ReplyDelete