Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 11 - Polka Dots

When I think of Polka Dots, I think of this awesome black dress with white Polka Dots that I have. But I didn't really want to do the usually thought of look when you think of Polka Dots.

So my first thought was to do these swirls on my nails with the dots, but when I tried it, you could not see the swirl (probably because I used a silver striper which caused larger dots) so I changed what I was doing. My next thought was to see what stamp I had that looked like Polka Dots, I found one that looked nice, but when I tried that, it didn't turn out well either (as I am not that good at stamping in a strait line yet), but I liked the look. It was going to be dots that went from one of the bottom corners, to the corresponding upper corner. So now I thought let me use my acrylic paints (since they are a little easier as they don't dry quite as fast) and do dots with a toothpick. As I liked the diagonal look that is what I started with, but then figured I needed a little more. So here is my Polka Dots that I came up with, hope you like them.





Colors used:
Base Color: "Gorgeous" by Sinful Colors
Polka Dots: Black Acrylic Paint

1 comment: