Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 20 - Water Marbled

Ok, to start off I would like to apologize that this post is a day late, but I got home really late yesterday and before I knew it it was 8 and I had to get the kids in bed... and that was the end of the night.

Today's challenge is one that I have been looking forward to since the beginning. I was super excited because a couple of months ago I first heard about water marbling and gave it a try, well it came out Awesome. So the plan was to just recreate that mani, as I felt it only right to do a new one and not use the old one because that would be cheating on the challenge. Below are pictures of that mani, and please forgive me for the really bad pictures, but they were taken with my iPod.




First setback, the two colors I had used before, that worked so well together are currently lost in the massive messes in either my office or bedroom... What colors to use now?

Well since I couldn't do the really nice contrasting colors that I had used the last time, I decided to go with varying shades of the same color. I decided to use blue since I have a number of those, and figured some of them looked really nice together.

I don't know why but this time, I was having some problems with the colors spreading. Don't know if it was the polishes I was using, or what, but I at least got something, (once again sorry for the messy cuticles, as my youngest wouldn't stay out of my lap again, so I said forget it) so here are the ones I did for the challenge.



Orange and Yellow Colors used:
Orange: "Orange Punch" by Orly
Yellow: "Hook Up" by Orly

Blue Colors used:
White Base: "449C (french white)" by Wet n Wild (wild shine)
Lighter Blue: "Cinderella" by Sinful Colors
Iridescent Blue: "Love Nails" by Sinful Colors
Darker Blue: "Why Not" by Sinful Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment