Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 15 - Delicate Print

Welcome new followers!

So I have to admit that I did not put much into today's mani. I am having a bunch of people over to my house on Sunday, and have a bunch of cleaning to do. Unfortunately I will be working for the next two days so I will be unable to clean then, so it is today and Saturday that I have. With two little kids in the house, I have a lot to clean. so as I said I did not spend as much time with today's mani.

To make matters worse, I broke a nail this morning as I finished building my new nail polish rack (this will be another blog post). To tell the truth I didn't even take the time to fix my nail before doing my mani for today (I will take the time to do that this evening after the kids are asleep), as you will see in my photos, so please forgive me on that one.

For a delicate print, I knew from the start that I wanted to do some form of lace, because for me, when I think delicate I also think dainty. That makes me think of women from like the 1890s that would be decked out in these dresses that were bussled with frills, poofs, and lace out the wazoo. So I think lace! Now since I am not the best at doing free hand work yet, since I did just start getting into nail art, I took a look at my stamping plates (sorry for doing so many stamped manis lately), and this is what I came up with, hope you like it!





Colors used:
Background: "Nude Shimmer" by Sally Hansen
Stamp Color: "French White Creme" by Wet n Wild (wild shine)
Image Plate: "BM-323" by Bundle Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment