Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Liebster Award



So, I was not planning on writing any posts in the middle of the 31 Day Challenge I am doing, but a few things have come up, so that notion is out the window.

So the other weekend I was nominated for a Liebster Award by City Girl from theblogforbeautifulliving.blogspot.com. This may not seem like much, but to someone who is just starting out in the blog seen, this is a big honor! (Ok, or at least it is to me!)

To know that people read an like your blog enough to recommend it to others, just makes you feel good. When I woke up that morning and saw the e-mail I was giddy, actually it made my day (but it was difficult trying to explain in to the hubs). Unfortunately I have been working a lot lately, and when I wasn't I was trying to get things done at the house, so I had not had the time to mention it, or to fallow the directions... Until now! (I only took time to do my challenge manis and to post said manis)

So what is the Liebster Award? Well the directions I was given is that you answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked, Say 11 things about yourself, create 11 more questions for your nominees and then nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers with no tag backs. I have seen other variations on these directions with different numbers for each, but since these are the directions I got, they will be the ones I follow.

11 Things Asked of Me:

1. If you were stranded on an island, what three types of food would you want with you?
      - I think I would have to take pasta, chocolate, and I am not sure on the third one.
2. What would be your ideal weekend?
      - An all expense paid spa weekend away from the family (sorry guys love you all, but I would love some me time with manis, pedies, masks, and massages, with no responsibilities!)
3. Favorite Band / Singer?
      - I love so many, I don't know if I have a favorite, but if I had to pick just one it would probably be Frank Sinatra. (kind of an old fashion girl)
4. First Concert you went to?
      - I think that would be to see The Oak Ridge Boys when I was really young with my family.
5. Favorite make-up product?
      - Don't really wear much make up, but probably my Mac eyeliner in either Engraved or Ebony (which ever is waterproof)
6. If you could be any animal for a day what would you be, and where?
      - A dragon flying in the sky (a nice one that is).
7. Favorite movie?
      - As I said I am kind of an old fashion girl, and I would have to go with White Christmas!
8. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
      - To fly.
9. Favorite time of year?
      - Winter (or if you want like holiday I would go with Christmas).
10. Favorite website or blog?
      - I am kind of addicted to Pintrest
11. What can always be found in your handbag?
      - My wallet?

11 Things About Me:

1. I love to read.
2. I love to sing.
3. I am a member of two choirs.
4. I love crafts.
5. I won first place for photography in my student art show in collage.
6. I love to swim.
7. We just got a trampoline, and have thought about getting on it after the kids are asleep.
8. Just ordered 4 more nail art plate sets.
9. I am already planing on items to give away if I get to 100 followers.
10. I am addicted to the Sims, and have almost every game and expansion starting with the original Sims, through the Sims 3.
11. I am a pescetarian

11 Questions For My Nominees:

1. What do you do in your spare time?
2. Your favorite TV Chanel?
3. Describe your favorite piece of clothing.
4. Do you have a favorite nail polish, and if so which one?
5. If you could eat any food every day (no matter the price) what would it be?
6. What one item would you take with you to a deserted island?
7. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
8. Your favorite season of the year.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
10. Do you have a pet, and if so what is it?
11. Are you an only child, or how many siblings do you have?

11 Blogs I am nominating:

Sorry if any of you have already received this, but I love your stuff, and hope you take it as a complement to be nominated again.

1 comment:

  1. Good work on answering the questions :)
    I love playing the sims too......and I LOVE the idea of a weekend at a spa, sounds relaxing!
    have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete