Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 27 - Inspired By Art

When I look at the calendar, I realize that Labor Day is only a week away. Where I live that means soon will be the start of school (since here we start the day after) and Labor Day picnics.

One picnic in particular is a tradition where I live, as this year will be the 137th anniversary of the annual Labor Day Picnic. At this Picnic there is the famous barbecue chicken, carnival games, raffles, icy drinks, music, shops and so much more. Thinking back to when I was a child (and actually may be like 8 years ago) I always remember the spin art that I loved to do. I know this is probably not really considered art, but it is fun, and brings back so many memories. I even hope to get my 4 year old and 21 month old to do one this year.

So for today's challenge I wanted to try and recreate the end result of spin art. I don't really think it looks like spin art, but I am happy with it anyways. I think this may be my recreation one for the last challenge, and I will do the whole circle instead of just part, or maybe mix it up, we will see. Hope you like it.





Colors used:
Base: "French White Creme" by Wet n Wild
Purple: by It's So Easy Stripe Rite
Blue: by It's So Easy Stripe Rite
Pink: by It's So Easy Stripe Rite

No comments:

Post a Comment