Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 28 - Inspired By A Flag

We have all seen mani's out there that are of the American and British flags. These are probably the most common ones to do, so me being me, I didn't want to do something every one else has done. Even though I was born and raised in the United States (actually never been out of it... Sad I know, but it is actually worse than that, but we don't need to get into that now) I wanted to do something different.

So for this mani I am drawing out my heritage and doing mine for the country my grandmother came from. Slovakia! When we were growing up, we always had (and still today) eat the traditional foods at holidays, say the traditional things, and many other things. I would love to go there one day, and am very sad that I don't really know the language. Even with that, I am proud of my heritage and where I come from, and want to show that with my flag. Hope you like it!

Here is a picture of the flag that they use today.


Unfortunately I didn't think I could pull that one off with the crest, because with the kids, trying to get anything done is bad enough. So I went for more the flag that they used when my grandma's family was there. This is an unofficial flag (guess they didn't have an official one then).


And here are the pictures of my mani, I wish I had done it cleaner, but oh well it works.




Colors used:
White: "French White Creme" by Wet n Wild
Blue: "Midnight Blue" by Sinful Colors
Red: "Crawford's Wine" by Orly

No comments:

Post a Comment