Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 17 - Giltter

What girl doesn't love glitter???

It may be messy but can make anything pretty. Today we have the challenge of using this messy, pretty in a bottle to make some pretty nails.

So I have seen a number of manis out there that use glitter as a gradient. I loved this idea, and decided from the start that's what I wanted to do. So I started out with this purple base, and purply glitter, but it was such a pain in the ars, that I just decided to scrap it.

I still wanted to do the gradient, but I wanted a glitter with a clear base, the only one I have is white, so I decided it would look nice with a white gradient under it (was going for more of a french tip gradient, but it didn't turn out right, but pretty none the less). So I have this gradient stamp (because if you saw my gradient post, I had no luck with it) so I decided to give it a try.

Hope you like what I came up with (sorry it is kind of hard to really get the full effect, but it is pretty in person, I think my next mission is to make a light box).






Colors used:
Base: "Mademoiselle" by Essie
Stamp Color: "French White Creme" by Wet n Wild (wild shine)
Glitter: "Hallucinate" by Wet n Wild (wild shine)
Image Plate: "BM-301" by Bundle Monster

1 comment: